Ingredients1 Cauliflower Crust 3 Whole-Peeled Tomatoes (You could also use a drizzle of tomato sauce) 2 Tbsp. Pesto (I used Gotham Greens Pesto) 10 Bocconcini (AKA small balls of mozzarella - you could substitute your favorite kind of cheese in small slices or shredded) 1 Green Pepper (Of course if you prefer red, yellow or orange peppers use those instead) ½ White or Yellow Onion 4 Meatballs (I used my new addiction - Gardein 'Meatless Meatballs')
- Cook 'meatballs' according to instructions if using pre-made, or follow my meatball recipe. Preheat oven to broil.
- In a small pan on medium heat, add canola oil, and then the onion and green pepper with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook down the onion and green pepper until almost caramelized, or about 7-10 minutes, stirring often so that the vegetables don't stick to the bottom of the pan. If the vegetables start to get too brown, or burnt looking, turn the heat off.
- Top the pizza crust* with pieces of tomato (I cut them into quarters - but if you have someone in your family that doesn't like pieces of tomatoes, you can substitute for a regular tomato sauce), drizzle the pesto on top and place the cheese around the crust evenly.
- Broil the pizza for about 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Halve the meatballs, adding them along with the green pepper and onion to the top of the pizza. Add back to the oven, on a lower shelf, for just 2-minutes.
- Cut into as many slices as you'd like and enjoy!