Ingredients (for 3-4 servings)1 Cup Israeli Couscous (AKA pearled couscous - read more about it here) 1 Bulb Fennel ½ White or Yellow Onion 2 Cups Spinach 3 Cloves Garlic 1 Lemon Salt 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil 1 Bunch Scallions
- Put the couscous in a small pot, with 1 ½ cups of water or broth and a sprinkle of salt.
- Cut the onion and fennel bulb into thin slices. Dice the garlic cloves. Heat a large pan with 2 Tbsp. canola oil over medium heat, then add the onion and fennel into the pan once warm. Stir occasionally until browned.
- Zest the entire lemon. Add the zest and diced garlic into the pan of caramelized onion and fennel. Cook for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat on the pan down to low and add the spinach. Once the spinach is wilted, squeeze ½ of the lemon and add the couscous.
- Mix together the everything in the pan and add the mixture into a bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil, the other half of the lemon, and diced green ends of the scallion.
- Serve as is or mix together first.